Tips for Choosing the Right LTL Trucking Company in Your AreaMay 15, 2019 11:51 pm Leave your thoughts
Less-than-truckload (LTL) shipping is one of the leading ways to get your company’s goods from point A to point B. But unless you have a big rig and someone on staff with a CDL license, you’re going to have to find a shipping partner to handle your delivery for you. Which company should you choose?
There are tons of LTL companies out there, and they all seem to offer the same service for comparable rates. Unfortunately, that’s not really the case—some companies are just flat-out better than others. Continue reading to learn about a few of the things to look for when searching for someone to handle your LTL trucking in Minnesota:
- Transit times: When push comes to shove, the shipping industry is all about speed. Be sure your trucking partner can consistently get your goods to their destination on time. Think about it—you could lose a lot of money if your truck driver can’t get it together and deliver your products!
- Track record: Speaking of on-time pickup and delivery, how does a particular company’s performance stack up year after year? Make sure the shipping partner you choose has a proven history of reliable deliveries. Read some reviews online about the shipping company to see what past clients have to say about their performance.
- Broad service coverage: Does this potential trucking partner even deliver goods where you need them to go? If not, you may need to consider going with a different company that serves a larger geographical area.
- Liability coverage: We all know that accidents happen. What will happen if your LTL shipping company is involved in a collision, or if your goods are damaged while in transit? Good shipping companies will all provide liability coverage, but some offer more than others. Make sure the company you work with will cover a significant portion of your losses if something goes awry.
- Financial stability: How long has this shipping company been around, and how do their books look? It’s a good idea to work with an established shipping partner that’s financially profitable. Not only is this a sign that they run a quality operation, but it also offers reassurance that they won’t suddenly go out of business and leave you high and dry without anyone to deliver your goods.
- Customer service: Are you treated with a smile when you work with this shipping partner? Let’s hope so! Quality LTL shipping companies offer friendly and helpful customer service around the clock.
- Pricing: Last, but certainly not least, is the price the company charges for its services. Make sure to do your homework and get quotes from a couple of different companies to ensure that you’re not overpaying for shipping. Though shipping is obviously important, you don’t want to pay more than you have to for it.
When it comes to LTL trucking in Minnesota, nobody can beat K-Way Express, Inc. Give us a call today to get a quote or to learn more about what we can do for you and your company!