Thinking Safely About Trucking
On average, there are 6 million car accidents in the United States each year that result in about 3 million injuries. You might not think about that statistic a lot while you’re driving down the road, but we sure do! As one of the members of the Minnesota Trucking Association, we’re always on the lookout for accidents, and we do our best to avoid getting into accidents at all costs. Continue reading to learn a little more about how we take safety into consideration while we’re on the open road.
What does safe driving entail?
A variety of different factors go into staying safe while driving for long stretches on the highway. The Minnesota Trucking Association says abiding by these basic rules can help ensure everyone gets from point A to point B in one piece:
- Knowing the rules of the road: In addition to observing the speed limit, safe drivers understand every rule of the road they’re traveling on. Knowing all of the rules can be the difference between an uneventful trip and getting a ticket or being involved in an accident.
- Looking both ways: One of the first things you learn in driver’s ed is to always look both ways before pulling out into an intersection. That’s because it’s an important lesson! Safe drivers always look left, then right, before proceeding ahead.
- Checking the forecast: Finally, safe drivers always have an idea of what kind of weather is coming. If any nasty weather is on the horizon, professionals know to pull off to the side of the road and wait for the storm to pass instead of forging ahead in adverse conditions.
How do we focus on safety?
When you work with K-Way Express, Inc., you can rest easy knowing that we put a priority on safety. Here are a few of the things we do to ensure everyone is safe while our drivers are behind the wheel:
- Hire experienced drivers: The more experience a driver has, the more likely they’ll be safe behind the wheel. For that reason, we only hire drivers who have plenty of on-the-job experience and a proven track record of safe driving.
- Mandatory safety courses: In addition to only hiring drivers with plenty of experience, we make sure that all of our employees go through a course that furthers their safety education. Only after successfully passing the safety training can our drivers get to work.
- Put safety first: Getting to our destination on time is essential for both ourselves and our clients, but we’d never do anything that jeopardizes safety in order to make it from point A to point B a little bit quicker. When one of our drivers is behind the wheel, you can rest easy knowing that he or she is always being as safe and vigilant as possible.
If you’re looking for a full-service trucking partner, look no further than K-Way Express! As full members of the Minnesota Trucking Association, we provide a variety of shipping, freight and brokerage services. Give us a call today to find out what we can do for you and your business.