Logistics companies play a crucial role in helping Minnesota businesses get the goods they need and/or ship products to where they need to go. Some companies are large enough to have their own sprawling logistics departments, but many small- and medium-sized businesses simply do not have the amount of business needed to merit such an investment, and must rely on third-party logistics (3PL) providers.
3PL companies manage all of a business’s logistics needs on their behalf. The services they provide may include transporting goods from a specific port of origin, holding and warehousing those products for a certain time, packing products for order fulfillment, packaging, freight forwarding (including LTL trucking and shipping) and final delivery.
Here are just a few reasons business owners might use 3PL services for their operations:
- Cost reduction: 3PLs generally are well connected within the industry and have large carrier networks, which allows them to find cheaper rates for the work you need than you would be able to typically find by doing your own research. Because of the amount of business they do, they have more leverage over freight companies and thus get better deals.
- Scaling: If you intend to expand your operations, a third-party logistics company helps you accomplish this with ease. You can increase the amount of business you’re doing or expand into new markets without having to make a significant new investment. Large 3PLs will have warehousing locations and staff around the country.
- Reduced risk: Risk management is a key element of logistics, and 3PLs are fully aware of the types of risks involved in transporting goods of all types. They are constantly finding ways to reduce and eliminate risk and will be able to provide you with the best options to get your goods to their final destination safely and securely.
- Reduced stress: Taking all of your logistics out of your own hands and placing the processes into the hands of an experienced, capable 3PL provider removes a significant amount of stress. Logistics is a lot of complex work, especially for smaller and medium-sized businesses without a lot of extra bandwidth. Being able to outsource those processes allows you to maintain your sanity and your focus on other important areas of your operations.
- Better customer service: By working with a 3PL provider, you’ll be able to offer more efficient logistics and a wide range of logistics-related services. This means a better ability to fulfill all of your customers’ needs and to keep them happy with your services. They’ll keep coming back and working with your business when they know they can trust in your great logistics processes.
Interested in learning more about the importance of working with a high-quality logistics company? We encourage you to contact K-Way Express, Inc. today with any questions you have about the world of logistics, including warehousing, LTL trucking, FTL trucking and much more. We are happy to answer any questions you have and look forward to giving your business the great logistics advantages you deserve.