When your business deals with produce, dairy products and other goods that need to be kept at cold temperatures for the sake of preservation, consumer safety and your company’s reputation, it’s important to have a cold storage warehousing company you can trust to handle your products responsibly. Finding a warehousing company that offers quality, affordable and dependable cold storage in Minnesota doesn’t have to be particularly challenging, but it’s also not something on which you’ll want to risk spending too little time researching and going over your options.
If you’re in the market for a cold storage company, or wondering how well your current service provider is meeting your needs, here are some things you’ll want to consider as you search for a warehousing company for your products:
- Quality temperature control: Obviously, this is a big one. If you need cold storage, you need cold storage—there’s no getting around it. But there’s more that your service provider needs to do than just say they’re keeping your products at the right temperature. They need to have accurate records of the temperatures in their facilities, and perhaps more importantly, they need to have a system in place to handle the repercussions of any kind of system failure.
- Safe handling techniques: Particularly with food products, the importance of safe handling and clean spaces cannot be stressed enough. Aside from keeping containers and warehouses clean, companies should be well equipped to combat pest problems, cross-contamination from other products, mold growth and other potential hazards that can cost you dearly.
- Environmentally friendly practices: In this day and age, it should no longer be unusual for companies to be making an effort to conduct business with an eye on their environmental impact. Finding a cold storage company that prioritizes energy efficiency and the use of green packaging materials should be your company’s goal. The savings produced by green practices will be passed on to you, and your company will benefit from the good will associated with the partnership.
- Ethical business practices: Just as a partnership with a conscientious cold storage provider will reflect will on your company, using a provider that engages in dishonest, unsafe or unethical business practices will reflect very poorly on you and your business. Contact the Better Business Bureau and do some basic research before committing to a particular company.
- Other factors not specific to cold storage: There are other considerations you should take into account that aren’t unique to cold storage, but that are still important when you’re looking at warehouses. The location of the warehouse, the amount of time your products will be stored there and the ease with which you can access your products should all be considered when looking for a cold storage facility.
K-Way Express, Inc offers options for cold storage in Minnesota, and we’re capable of storing a wide variety of goods as they’re waiting to be transferred elsewhere. We’d love to speak with you about our services if you’re interested in cold storage and wondering whether we’re the right company for you. Call us today to learn more!