Four Reasons to Consider Cold Storage in MinnesotaAugust 1, 2015 10:29 pm Leave your thoughts
Believe it or not, there are other “perishable goods” outside of what you may normally think of, like fruits, vegetables, meats and dairy products. Today, refrigerated trucks and other forms of cold storage in Minnesota are hosting many other high-value items that require certain temperatures in order for them to arrive at their destinations safely.
Over the years, the need for refrigerated shipping and logistics has grown. Some of the other industries that require climate-controlled handling and storage include:
- Pharmaceutical companies. Drugs such as insulin and the flu vaccine all must be kept at a temperature between 35˚F and 46˚F in order to maintain the chemical makeup of the drug and ensure that it doesn’t spoil.
- Various tobacco products. Products like cigars, cigarettes and other forms of tobacco have to be kept at a certain temperature in order to preserve their quality and freshness.
- Fine art and antiques. One industry you may not think of when it comes to temperature controlled shipping is the fine art and antiques industry. Many antique and art pieces can be destroyed if exposed to extreme temperatures. This is where refrigerated trucks and other forms of cold storage in Minnesota come in handy.
- Beauty products. Another industry that may not come to mind is the beauty industry. Beauty products such as perfumes, makeup and other personal hygiene items must be kept at steady temperatures in order to prevent them from being ruined and not being able to be sold on the market.
- Chemicals and other engineered resources. Climate control is especially important when it comes to chemicals and other engineered supplies. This is because, if these chemicals and supplies are exposed to extreme temperatures, it can increase the likelihood of a chemical reaction and a serious, if not fatal, accident.
Benefits of climate controlled shipping and logistics
Whether you’re shipping and storing food or highly sensitive chemicals, climate controlled shipping and logistics proves it’s important and beneficial for a number of reasons.
- Preserve sensitive items. If you are looking to ship something that is perishable, especially in large quantities, you want to make sure they get to their destination safely. Refrigerated trucking can ensure this for you and your business as it can preserve your items at the exact temperature they require.
- Prevent temperature fluctuations that might damage items. Sending your shipment on a regular truck can certainly get your shipment to its destination without any damage, but using a climate controlled truck can ensure that there won’t be any fluctuations in the temperature, which can damage the cargo.
- Cheaper than building your own cold storage room(s). Building your own temperature-controlled room can be a costly investment. Why not send it on a climate-controlled truck and have it sent to a safe, refrigerated place? Doing this is typically cheaper than building your own storage system.
- Allows for inventory building without fear of expiration or product damage. Utilizing cold storage in Minnesota is a safe and reliable way to continuously build your inventory without worrying that it might expire or spoil.
Thanks to the advancements in the latest shipping and logistics technologies, you now can rest easy knowing your products and shipments can be kept safe and arrive at their destinations in good condition.