When you order something online or over the phone and it arrives on your doorstep a few days later, you know that the company you ordered from didn’t send a truck all the way to your house with just one package in it. Obviously, the company likely outsourced the job to a private shipping business, and that shipping business pooled your order together with hundreds of other packages going to the same region. This method might seem so obvious to you that you’ve never even wondered if there’s a name for it, but there is: less than truckload, or LTL trucking.
As a business that offers LTL trucking in Minnesota, we know that LTL trucking is a great way to save time, money and resources on our end. But LTL trucking can also benefit the consumer in a lot of different ways, and we’re proud to pass on those benefits to our customers. Here’s a look at the many different reasons why LTL trucking in Minnesota is a great option for both businesses and individuals.
- Cost effective: Shipping and trucking costs are no joke, and American companies and individuals spend millions of dollars each year just on shipping costs alone. With online shopping being an always-growing economy, finding cost effective solutions for shipping is more important than ever before. LTL trucking allows businesses and individuals to only pay for the space on a truck that they need, as opposed to paying for the entire truck. It’s a fair and simple way to save some funds while shipping.
- Environmentally friendly: With all the shipping happening these days, it’s important not to lose sight of the large footprint it leaves on our environment. In addition to being cost effective, LTL trucking is also a very environmentally friendly way to ship goods long distances. Think of it as the equivalent of carpooling for your belongings.
- Better security: Most LTL trucking companies, including K-Way Express, Inc, place a strong emphasis on ensuring that your goods arrive at your doorstep in the same condition we received them in. LTL trucking tends to take advantage of pallets and packing crates to decrease the chance that your goods will get damaged. We know that security and safety are very important to both individuals and businesses when it comes to shipping, and you can rest assured that we take it as seriously as you do.
- Trackable: Some people might not like the idea of LTL trucking, because they worry their goods will not be as trackable as they would be on their own freight truck. Fortunately, that is usually not the case at all. Most LTL trucking companies take every opportunity to help you track your belongings during each step of the journey.
- More options: Finally, LTL trucking in Minnesota is a more versatile choice for most people and businesses. The ability to ship individual packages, non-commercial shipping and better pickup and drop-off options all make LTL trucking a great choice for your next shipment.
Contact K-Way Express, Inc to learn more about how your business can benefit from LTL trucking in Minnesota, and how those benefits can be passed along to your customers as well.